INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
GOVT. AIZAWL WEST COLLEGE
As per a resolution passed by the IQAC meeting held on 9th August 2012 on screening of the ‘Action Plan’ for the year 2012-2013 submitted by the different cells; the following are the plans approved by the committee and all cells are requested to undertake their proposed plans/programme within the time frame given by the IQAC.
- Information and Technology Cell :
- Maintaining and updating the college website.
- Organising IT month during the month of August.
- Academic Interaction Cell:
- Organize an Orientation programme for students on ‘Manners and Etiquettes’.
- Organize a programme on Inter-departmental sharing.
- Organize a One day workshop on Human Rights (in collaboration with National Human Rights Commission).
- Sports and Youth Activities Cell:
- Organize the College Week and other sports related activities.
- Organize ‘Cleanliness Drive’ in collaboration with the NSS unit of the college.
- To revive and maintain the Adventure Club of the college.
- Career and Counselling Cell:
- Organize a programme on ‘Career Guidance’ for the 1st Semester students.
- Organize an awareness programme on the availability of free counselling for the students.
- Grievance Redressal ad Complaint Cell:
- Maintaining complaint boxes in every classroom. The boxes will be checked regularly every week and necessary actions will be taken as required.
- Organize an awareness drive for the students about the working of the cell.
- Research Promotion Cell:
- Organize a seminar on ‘Research Methodology’ for faculty and students.
- To encourage faculty members to pursue research work.
- Library and Information Cell:
- Upgrading computerised library in various aspects of development such as circulation system and library book installation.
- Improving the library and its services.
- Binding of old question papers for easier reference.
- Cultural Club:
- Organize a ‘Cultural Day’ in the college.
- To participate in any cultural dance competition in the state.
- Prevention against Sexual Harassment Cell:
- Maintaining one complaint box in the college and to take necessary action.
- Organize an awareness programme on ‘Sexual Harassment’.
- Equal Opportunity Cell:
- Organize an awareness programme on equality and discrimination (gender, disability, minorities, SC/ST/OBC).
- Higher Education for Persons with Special Needs Cell (HEPSN):
- Identifying differently - abled students in the college.
- To provide the identified persons with necessary aide available for them.
- Organize a seminar on ‘Disability and available provisions’.
(Dr LAITHANZAUVA) (LIANHLUPUII)
Principal & Chairman IQAC Coordinator IQAC