I-Semester Economics 2012 question
The college library is on the ground floor of the College building. Away from the city noise, the library provides an ideal atmosphere for reading. The library is open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days.
Cells and Section
The College library maintains the following cells and sections:
The College library holds a sitting capacity of about 35 readers at a time.
The College library subscribes a few journals and magazines, as well as newspapers:
The College library also maintains back volume Journals/ Magazines/ Newspapers/Question Papers in bound forms.
This Section include the main function of the library. Charging and Discharging is done by using Library Automation Software (SOUL 2.0) system.
The property counter runs without Cataloguing system and is placed at the entrance in an open shelf. Visitors' register is also maintained at the entrance.
Documentation Section has been maintained in which important documents of the College like University Exam Results, College achievements, records of students union and other bodies are kept. Other documents like Right To Information Act (RTI), Statistical handbook, important government gazette notifications, census records etc. are also kept.
A sum of Rs 75/- per student is collected for library fees during their admission. With 100% of the grant received from the Government, it is wholly managed very well and is equipped to purchase books and other materials for the growth of library.
There is one qualified Librarian and one attendant in the College library.
The College library uses 19th Edition of Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme for classifying books. Books are kept according to subject, each in a separate shelf in an open access system.
Rules and Regulations
The College library follows a neat set of rules and regulations for each user:
1. Only bona fide students and staff of Govt Aizawl West College are allowed to borrow books from the library.
2. Silence must be observed inside the library.
3. No property except writing material should be carried inside the library. Bags and other belongings must be kept in the property rack at the counter.
4. Smoking, chewing pan and tobacco inside the library is prohibited. Do not come to the library while under effect of drugs or drinks.
5. Do not take out any book, magazine, journal or newspaper from the library without a prior permission from the librarian.
6. Do not replace books on the shelf by yourself. Leave them on the reading table.
7. Do not write or make mark on books, journals, magazine or newspaper you read.
8. Do not leave the library when the librarian or attendant is absent.
9. Students are allowed to borrow two books at a time for a duration of one week ( 7 calendar days) renewable for one more week. Faculties and Staffs are allowed four books at a time for a duration of one month, renewable for 15 days. Faculties and Staffs are advised not to keep any books which is not currently used by him/her irrespective of permissible time.
10. A fine of 0.50 p per day will be imposed on a book submitted beyond the due date.
11. In case of loss of book by the borrower, the cost of the book( if available in the market) at latest rate will be paid by the borrower. Physical replacement of the books may also be accepted.
12. In case of damage of book or torn, or missing pages while in the custody of the borrower, cost of repair (if acceptable) will be borne by the borrower. Otherwise such will be treated as loss (Ref. 11).
13. No student is allowed to borrow or keep library book after issue of Admit card for ensuing University Examination.
A Library Committee was formed to enrich and develop the library. The Committee takes the responsibility of overseeing the requirement of the library as well as providing support to the librarian in implementing the rules. The library committee also performs other functions such as, providing suitable library furniture and equipment, laying down sound library rules, making provision for adequate services. It also made provision for suitable funds for procurement of documents, purchase of equipment, maintenance of building etc. The library committee holds regular monthly meeting.