MCTA Leaders ( 2019-2021)
President : Prof. Benjamin Lalrinsanga
Vice President : Vanlalsawma
Secretary : V. Zothankhuma
Asst.Secy : Lalsangpuii
Treasurer : Lalremruati Vanchhong
Fin.Secy : Dr. R. Lalsangpuii
Executive Committee Members:
2) Prof. C. Lalthlengliana
3) Dr. R. Lalzawnga
4) Dr. Rosangliani
6) Dr. Mary Anne Lalbiakhlui Zadeng
7) Janet Vanlalhlimpuii
1) Dr.PL Ramliana, Gen.Secy MCTA Headqarters
2) Dr.Samuel V.L.thlanga, Executive Member, MCTA Headquaters
MIZORAM COLLEGE TEACHERS ASSOCIATION GOVT.AIZAWL WEST COLLEGE BRANCH REPORT,2019
Name of Branch : Govt. Aizawl West College
Year of establishment of the College : 2nd May,1990
Name of the Principal : Dr. P. Lalremliana
No. of Departments / Subjects in the College : 8
- Arts : 8
- Science : Nil
- Commerce : Nil
- Others : Nil
Current strength of Teaching Staff in the college
- Regular : 36 ( Assistant Professors : 13, Associate Professors : 22, Professor : 1)
- Contract : NIL
- Part-time : NIL
- Guest Faculty :
No. of vacant posts :1
Name of Office Bearers of MCTA Branch
- President : Prof. Benjamin Lalrinsanga
- Vice President : Mr. Vanlalsawma
- Secretary : Mr. V. Zothankhuma
- Asst.Secretary : Lalsangpuii
- Treasurer : Ms. Lalremruati Vanchhawng
- Fin.Secretary : Dr. R. Lalsangpuii
Steps taken by the Branch for Maintenance of standards and Qualitative Improvement
- Conducted Leadership training for Student Union leaders
- The Branch organised institutional level workshop on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in collaboration with IQAC of the college.
- Two Departments (History and Public Administration) in collaboration with IQAC and MCTA Branch have organised National workshop during the reporting period.
- MCTA Branch have made various suggestions to the college authority for quality improvement in teaching –learning process.
- Receipt : Rs. 1,66,166.00
- Expenditure : Rs. 16,090.00
- Balance : Rs. 1,50,076.00
Other Reports / Activities ( if any)
1. During the report period, the following members have been awarded M.Phil and Ph.D degree by Mizoram University.
2. R.Lalsangpuii, Department of History have been awarded Ph.D degree by Mizoram University.
3. Ms. Janet Vanlalhlimpuii, Department of Public Administration obtained M.Phil degree from Mizoram University
4. Mrs Lalremruati Pachuau, Department of Psychology have been awarded Ph.D degree by Mizoram University.
5. Mrs Lalremruati Vanchhawng obtained M.Phil degree from Mizoram University.